Sunday, May 22, 2011

Macho Fallen

Another legend has fallen...

Randy "Macho Man" Savage passed away after driving his automobile into a tree. A saddening loss for many wrestling fans around the globe, and needless to say Randy's family and friends whom he had wrestled with or against.

Bret "The Hitman" Hart voiced out in Facebook, "I have no words to say. This one hits me hard. We lost one of the best
". I believe many would share his views.

I'm not the biggest fan of Randy Savage, but I admire the man's near unparalleled charisma when cutting a promo and his prowess in the ring.

Probably Randy's last promo...Ooh Yeah~~~



R.I.P Randy "Macho Man" Savage. Thank you for the memories...

Speaking of wrestling, another legend is possibly on the verge of retirement, and he's none other than the man I've always looked up to, Mark Calaway a.k.a The Undertaker.

I just couldn't help it but feel a little unnerving to know that he's retiring. We all know that day is inevitable...but the creatures of the night definitely dreaded for the day to come.

But during these past few years, 'Taker's taken some pretty bad bumps and old injuries kept nagging on...and he'll take some time off spanning over months and can possibly last for almost a year after each wrestling appearance. 'Taker fans wanna see him in action, but I know that everybody, including me would rather him to have a proper rest and not strain his body too much.

With all the factors stated above, Undertaker is only seen in action a couple of times in a year, and out of those handful, maybe only one or two of 'em will have him wrestling to cut down the toll taken on his body.

The fans all probably knew that the Phenom doesn't have much time left in the ring.

Sources state that 'Taker's currently semi-retired, but it's highly possible that he'll leave in the near future...or even next year when he will extend his Wrestlemania streak to 20-0 (we shall ASSUME).

If retiring is equals to a healthier life for Mark, I strongly believe that every single creature of the night would rather have it that way.

No comments: